18 November 2009
FreeFlowin'
Just wanted to drop a quick post since I'm up. Since last week, I haven't been to bed before 1:00 in the mornin'...not okay.
Listened to a lecture today about Lady Guadalupe. Um, where the heck have I been?! I went to an all girls Catholic school (*huuushh* no need for the stereotypical comments) so I went to an all girls Catholic school, and one day my Senior year I stopped to marvel at this black (so it appeared) Virgen that was part of a mosaic piece on one of the hallway walls. Of course being me (total airhead) I was like awesomeness...Catholics are representin' *fist*Black Power! ["Is that your final answer?"..."Yes"..."I'm sorry, epic fail".]
So that holy woman depicted wasn't black (if using black offends you, forgive me...I'll just call her a sista...). What annoys me about myself at times is I'll note something, but won't follow through with it--so even at that point if I thought that Madonna was a sista, I should have researched her...
Bomb&Brilliant.Anyways I realized that it was Lady Guadalupe as I listened to this lecture today.
And that's why today I started toying with the idea of being an Anthropologist because I love learning about other people and their culture.
This has nothing to do with the video I wanted to post...actually in a way it does because I absolutely love music (i know everyone says that but for reals..) and I'm also toying with the idea of taking a class pertaining to Ethnomusicology but I have no musical background.
Kay..that was a total rant.Gotta love it.
Enjoy this masterpiece:
-Bootzilla Babay;btrilogy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment