Lifetime presented their new movie The Pregnancy Pact last night, which is loosely based off the true story of 2008 that took America by storm. The twisted part of me finds this humorous, so much so because I'm so shocked I want to laugh. The empathetic part of myself is pained that this is an actual issue in society. Not saying being a mother is an issue at all..I praise the hardest working people on the face of this planet; all I'm saying is that when we have shows on MTV like TeenMom, where we take voyeuristic pleasure in these young mother's lives--there is obviously some unadressed isssues happening in the US. Just dwell on these questions... Are we all watching this show to judge, out of interest, just because? Why would being a teenage mother make "good TV"? In a post-feminist age, why are we experiencing such an increase in teen pregnancies? Just think about it.
This reminds me of what one my favorite teachers told our Math class one day... "Guys...guys are just pigs! Trust me. I am one. They're sick. All they wanna do is run around and get girls pregnant!" What Mr. Dowson said always stuck with me--in his crass way, he spoke a deep philosophy that I've seen play out in various forms, but what really verified his Truth was a song recently released by Mr. RKelly himself...featuring a few other crooners:
Haaa; only Kells could make a song like that and be jamming...shame. Anyways, still a serious issue. Let's think on it.
-Bootzilla Babay;btrilogy


i can't believe you posted this song. hahaha.
ReplyDelete