*Sigh*....Kay, so I fell prey to the Doppelganger Week thing--shoot me! At least I have solace that I didn't change my Facebook profile picture (*nose in the air* some dignity retained, thank you very much!). I know you all are secretly interested, so go on MyHeritage.com to check it out. The site also has other features (that aren't so shallow YET addictive) like a "Look-a-Like Meter" for new parents who want to decide once and for all who the baby looks most a like (....I can see that causing early marital problems). MyHeritage.com includes other helpful genealogical features too. Check it out. So I know you're dying to see what I ended up with, here it goes:
Hahaha! This was the second photo I used because the first one...gave me an interesting result (first result at the bottom). One of my good friends from highschool (Yvonne aka "XX"aka Vonnie aka Cupcake!) is from Hong Kong and is Chinese through and through. And I would often joke around with her and say, "You know I'm Chinese too--1/16th baby!" and depending on her mood or the context I would say this to her--I was either stunned to silence with her cussing me out in Cantonese or her partially agreeing. [Sidenote: We would like to pretend we were Lee and Carter from the Rush Hour movies, gotta love it]. Anyways--the end of Senior year we decided we would start telling people that we were second cousins (something along those lines) and that we shared a Grandmother. If you don't believe we could pull it off, check the photo:

Admit it. We could be related. I bring this up only because I received several Asian women in my "Look-a-Like" results...sooo, I'm just saying. Stuff like this makes we want to jump on Ancestry.com right now and find out my Chinese great-great-great-grandma's name! Gotta know my history. Which ties back into Black History Month (love it! love it! loveee ittttt!). People often forget that "African-Americans" are a hybrid people--that's why I personally shy away from using the P.C.--"politically correct"--term African-American because..uhh...I'm not AFRICAN!! I'm AmeriCUN! Yes, I do have African descent (and "Proud of it Babe"---name that movie reference) but to me, using the term "African-American" just over simplifies Blacks presence in the USA, also it dismisses the fact that there are actual African-Americans, like there are Mexican-Americans, and German-Americans (but you know, once we start dabbling in Europe, everyone just becomes White).
This was suppose to be a quick post, seeing how I have to wake up at 8 tomorrow, but I like to rant and be sarcastic at times, shame on me.
Keep Haiti on your mind (I know, there was no attempt at smooth transition there) seriously though. Keep Haiti on your mind and in your prayers. I shall find this picture of Ghiselene if it's the last thing I do. We just moved and you know how that goes--the things you need most go missing.
(Seriously..Jessica Alba? Me no think so. But I have been told on more than one occassion that I look like the girl from the Bernie Mac Show, Camille Winbush. No joke, I was approached at a track meet in San Diego by this little girl who wanted my autograph because she thought I was her).
You know I'm ABSOLUTELY loving the fact that Beyonce is 67%.
Bomb.
-Bootzilla Babay;btrilogy
you and i are so related. you are my lil sis. <3
ReplyDelete